Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Glitch Studies


So far the lessons we have learned associated with glitch art translate in a really important way. i catch myself all the time following the "rules" way too much and end up using something cliched or trite in my imagery and personally, i would rather my work be an atrocity to god than be "ok". I have always loved the Pollock emphasis on the experience when making art but i tend to forget that when the pressure of displaying something starts to build.
Since learning how to glitch i've glitched just about every childhood picture of me and my sister and i wanted to make a habit of destroying something every day, whether its small like a jpeg or throwing a ceramic egg at a wall until i have whatever shape i have at the end. I think glitch study has helped me unlearn a lot of unneeded structure in creating important works of art that occurs when you have a school system created by fascists. I hope to destroy many more things and see what can rise from the ashes (be it literally or figuratively).

No comments:

Post a Comment