Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week 7 | Dziga Vertov

Up until this class I haven't really given much attention to film. With the occasional cinema and an abundance of YouTube binging. Of course I "Netflixed and chilled", but I never really sat down and thought about the work, the mind set, the continuous editing shot after shot. It's incredibly impressive to say the least. Reading the excerpt of Dziga Vertov gave me a glimpse behind the artists train of thought. It was as if every frame was thought of like a painting. The carful planning that goes into a shot even before you begin is amazing. My favorite line from this excerpt is, "The main and essential thing is: The sensory exploration of the world through film. We therefore take as the point of departure the use of the eye as a kino-eye, more perfect than the human eye, for the exploration of the chaos of visual phenomena that fills space". Is it appropriate to close my thoughts with a hashtag? I don't really care. #brilliantasfuck

No comments:

Post a Comment